The patented reVend® reverse vending recycling machine is the "FIRST" domestic light bulb reverse vending recycling machine of its type in the World and has been jointly designed and developed by Revend Recycling Ltd and Repant ASA, a corporation listed on the Norwegian Stock Exchange.
The light bulb recycling machine has an add-on unit, as an option, for the collection and recycling of domestic batteries which contain valuable and scarce natural mineral resources.
Increased demand for recycling light bulbs and the international change over to
CFL (long life - low energy) and LED domestic light bulbs and the recycling of domestic batteries is a key environment policy for all Governments, the EU Commission and the United Nations.
Recycling rates in the domestic lighting industry is in "sharp focus" internationally as significant waste tonnage amounts remain untreated and unprocessed. Used light bulbs frequently end up in "landfill" sites at considerable environmental and financial cost.
The new range of light bulb recycling machines from Revend® will help to increase national recycling rates and assist companies and organisations comply with their recycling targets and environmental recycling obligations.
Revend Recycling will sell & market unique reverse vending recycling machines throughout Europe, USA & worldwide under its brand name Revend®.
Repant will manufacture /assemble the recycling machines based on its innovative COSMOS reverse vending recycling machine technology.
FEATURES of the light bulb reverse vending recycling machine are:
- Safety is paramount in design and functionality.
- Automated safe collection and recycling of domestic light bulbs, including incandescent bulbs; CFL light bulbs (which contain mercury - a hazardous waste) & LED light bulbs.
- Battery Collection unit available as an 'add-on' extra.
- Unique in-built technology safely recycles light bulbs containing mercury and other hazardous materials.
- Automated soft drop system safely collects and lowers light bulbs into a special collection container, minimising breakages.
- An internal mercury fume extractor and mercury fume filter absorbs / removes any escaped mercury fumes.
- It is a 'stand alone' machine similar in size to a vending machine.
- User automatically receives a reward incentive voucher which can be used for product discounts and sales incentives.
- Staff do not need to touch the 'potentially harmful' recycled light bulbs when removing from the recycling bin.
- Unique technology facilitates the compiling of auditable statistics on bulb types by manufacturer and volumes recycled.
- Includes a TV screen for Digital Media Advertising and environmental messages.
- Display cabinet provides scope for advertising and corporate / product branding.
- User friendly LED touch screen menu includes option for numerous languages.
- Opportunity to donate rewards to Charity.
- Database is updated regularly via telemetry from anywhere in the world by authorised users.
- Automatically sends text or email when secure light bulb storage container is nearly full and needs emptying.
- Complies with EU and USA environmental and recycling standards.
Revend Recycling recently concluded a supply agreement with IKEA of Sweden, a leading international retailer, and will install a significant number of machines in several IKEA stores throughout Europe, including the UK, Germany, & Denmark.
Revend Recycling pioneered the supply agreement with IKEA following a successful "pilot" installation in IKEA, Lakeside Shopping Centre near London, UK.
IKEA is the first to install the unique light bulb reverse vending recycling technology in its stores starting with IKEA Wembley and IKEA Wednesbury, West Midlands.
Customers of IKEA who recycle used light bulbs will automatically receive a reward incentive voucher to use in-store and also have the option to make a donation to Charity - UNICEF; Save the Children; WWF and the Woodland Trust
A major sales and PR marketing campaign internationally has been launched to promote the unique light bulb recycling machine and battery collection unit.
Revend Recycling would be pleased to hear from companies interested in distributing its new reVend® reverse vending light bulb recycling technology.
Read the full story here: https://www.lttvending.co.uk/worlds-first-light-bulb-recycling-machine-launched